I am having an issue during installation of version 5.5.22. I have tried using the support page instructions for troubleshooting and I still receive this error when I update flight simulator with new atc capabilities. Thanks for your help.
Access to the path 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Airlines.cfg' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding) at System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding) at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.UpdateAirlinesCfg() at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.UpdateFlightSimulators() at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.Run() at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.OuterWorkerThread()
The first step is to verify the airlines.cfg file is present in the expected location and it is possible to edit it.
- Exit EditVoicepack and FSX if running.
- Open the folder D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\
- Open the file “Airlines.cfg” with a text editor – for example Notepad
- Edit the file by adding the line “CIMBER”, then save the file.
- Try running EditVoicepack again.
If the file is not present, try creating it – it only needs a single line of text to work. If you can’t save the file, check the user access rights:
- Right click “Airlines.cfg” in the folder opened above and select Properties
- Go to the security tab
- Select Administrators (assuming you are an admin on the system, if not, please ask an administrator to grant you access to modify the file as well as the Sound\ATC folder of the Flight Simulator einstallation)
- Ensure the Allow checkbox is set for at least Modify, Read and Write. Also check the Deny checkbox is not set.
- If allow is not set, click the “Edit” button to grant rights.
EditVoicepack should automatically detect if it needs to prompt for administrative access. In case there is a problem in the code, try the following:
- Start EditVoicepack by right clicking and select “Run as administrator”
- Update the flight simulator with new ATC capabilities.
- Close EditVoicepack
- Start EditVoicepack again without running it as administrator.
- Check if it can now update the flight simulator with new ATC capabilities without problems.
Try to update Flight Simulator without changing the airlines.cfg file.
- Start EditVoicepack and select “Update Flight Simulator with new ATC capabilities” in the main menu.
- Proceed through the wizard to the page “Update airline call sign list”
- Clear the checkbox next to “Update airline call sign list”
- If this succeeds, please try to exclude the file
from on-access scanning by your anti virus program. As the procedure to do this differs for each anti virus product, please check the documentation to see how this is done.
If this is not sufficient to solve the issue:
- Start EditVoicepack
- Select “Support” in the main menu
- Go to the last support option by clicking “This did not help, show next option” until it becomes disabled.
- Click the “Upload to support” button. This will potentially be a long update, so please be patient.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the provided upload id.