If you can’t install or start EditVoicepack:
- Check Windows system files.
Microsoft provides a tool to check and repair problems with Windows system files. For instructions on how to run this tool, please refer to the Microsoft support topic: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.
- Fix installation/uninstallation problems.
Microsoft has created an utility that can fix a number of problems related to installation or uninstallation of programs. If you get an error installing or uninstalling EditVoicepack, please try to follow the instructions from Microsoft found here: Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.
If EditVoicepack can’t update your Flight Simulator, or if ATC is no longer working:
- Restore your flight simulators original ATC voice files.
In case EditVoicepack is unable to start, or the ATC speech is no longer working in your flight simulator you can try to restore the original files containing the ATC speech definitions. Once you have done this you have efficiently removed any impact EditVoicepack has on your flight simulator.
Step by step instructions explaining how to restore your flight simulators original ATC voice files can be found here: Restoring your flight simulators original ATC voice files.
If you still need assistance:
- Use the EditVoicepack support forum – if it doesn’t already contain a solution to your problem you can create a new post. Please use English if at all possible.
- If you have a question you do not want to ask on a public forum you can use email. Please make sure you use a descriptive subject line and write more than one or two lines in the body to minimize the risk of your email being classified as spam.
Technical questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have non technical questions – for example questions concerning the license details – please use email@example.com.
Older versions of EditVoicepack
You can use the EditVoicepack support forum to ask questions. Be aware that the older versions of EditVoicepack are no longer supported – questions will be answered if possible, but please do not expect extensive research time being spend on providing a solution to problems you might encounter.